• Introduction and terms
• Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA)
• The General Data Protection Regulation 2016 (GDPR)
• Subsequent laws “Data Protection Laws“
• How to contact us
• Your rights
Under the GDPR law you have rights. These are as follows:
• To be informed
• Restrict processing
• Data portability
• The data we collect about you
We process personal data. Personal data we process may include name, address, telephone number and email address. It also may include IP address. Our collection methods are:
• Engagement of services
• Engagement of service providers
• How your data will be used
We use information held about you to:
• provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes or by Legitimate Interests;
• carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
• carry out necessary maintenance to our infrastructure;
• notify you about changes to our services;
• Process any comments made public by you through the use of social media.
• Legitimate interest & marketing
• Where we use Legitimate Interests we will record our decision and our method on making this decision. This can be requested by you at any time.
• If you are an existing contact or customer we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail) with information about services or goods which you have previously purchased from us.
• If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. You can choose to not receive these types of communication by contacting us.
• Third parties
We will keep your information within the ‘organisation’ except where disclosure is required or permitted by law or when we use third party service providers (data processors) to support our services to you. Contracts are in place with our data processors. This means that they cannot do anything with your personal data unless we have instructed them to do so. They will not share your personal data with any organisation apart from us. They will hold it securely and retain it for the period we instruct. Please see below the list of services where we use third party data processors which sets out the categories of recipients of personal data:
• Cloud/FTP Service – IT Support
• Email Provider
• Internal HR systems provider
• Specialist document scanning provider
• Payroll provider
• Data retention
Our policy is dictated by the Data Protection Laws. This is available for inspection by written request using the contact details provided in this poli
• Data deletion
Under GDPR you have the right to erasure under specific circumstances. A request for your personal data to be deleted will be decided on a case by case basis and must be submitted in writing to the contact details provided in this policy.
• Data correction
We will correct or update your data without delay provided you make the request in writing to the contact details provided in this policy, clearly specifying which data is incorrect or out of date.
• Data inspection
We strive to be as open as we can be in terms of giving people access to their personal data. Individuals can find out if we hold any of their personal data by making a formal request under the Data Protection Laws. Such requests must be in writing to the contact details provided in this policy. If we do hold your personal data we will respond in writing within one calendar month of your request (where that request was submitted in accordance with this policy). The information we supply will:
• Confirm that your data is being processed;
• Verify the lawfulness and the purpose of the processing;
• Confirm the categories of personal data being processed;
• Confirm the type of recipient to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed;
• Let you have a copy of the data in an intelligible form.
• Please note that you may need to provide identification in order to prove who you are to access your data.
• If you agree, we will try to deal with your request informally, for example by providing you with the specific information you need over the telephone.
• In the instance that we do not hold information about you we will also confirm this in writing at the earliest opportunity.
We keep our privacy notice under regular review and you should check back regularly to ensure you are aware of changes to it. We may display this notice to you from time to time to help ensure you are aware of its contents.
You have the right to complain about the processing of your personal data. Please contact us using the details provided above. If you are still unsatisfied you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioners Office.